On the occasion of Sibos 2021, we invite you to tune into expert perspectives brought to you by Deutsche Bank. The Deutsche Bank Festival of Finance will run as a digital event during the Sibos week from 11-14 October 2021 offering a range of in-depth sessions.
Rethink how to serve the economy to ensure sustainable and safe supply chains
Recent global economic and political developments coupled with the global health pandemic have triggered the need for banks to rethink how they continue to serve and support the global economy and their clients to ensure reliable and strong supply chains in the short and long-term. Key topics such as the trend to near shoring, which is influenced by geopolitical shifts and tensions, logistics, the cost and pricing environment, the increased need for natural resources, and the shift towards sustainability within supply-chains will be discussed in a panel discussion with Deutsche Bank internal and external guest speakers.
- Dr. Rebecca Harding, CEO, Coriolis Technologies
- Dr. Tobias (Toby) Miarka, Co-Head of Banking, Coalition Greenwich
- Daniel Schmand, Global Head of Trade Finance & Lending and Institutional Cash Management, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
Is the future of cross-border payments distributed?
Innovation in the payments space continues unabated. Spurred by the incredible pace of the digitalisation of economies that impacts on our lives, the demand for digital, global and borderless money will continue to grow.
But how do we best answer that demand? The answer may come in various forms. There won’t be a “one size fits all” approach. One thing is certain, the global pandemic has intensified digital developments especially around digital and cryptocurrencies. Although cryptocurrencies as a new financial asset class still has many sceptics, it is clear that the blockchain which underpins it continues to evolve as a powerful, decentralised alternative.
Join us for a discussion on the latest developments in the market and the potential impact on the cross-border payments business.
- Marion Laboure, Senior Economist and Market Strategist, Deutsche Bank
- Rhomaios Ram, CEO, Fnality International
- Marc Recker, Global Head of Product, Institutional Cash Management, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
Smarter Custody: AI, ESG and Securities Services
This panel will explore the state of artificial intelligence (AI) uses in asset management and securities services, what are the challenges in deploying AI, and how much can AI drive the industry’s future?
- Boon-Hiong Chan, Global Head Securities Market & Technology Advocacy, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
- Mike Clarke, Global Head of Product Management & Head of UK&I Region, Securities Services, Deutsche Bank
- Mario Favaits, Managing Director of Faktion Pte Ltd
- Johnny Wijaya, Head of APAC Innovation Center, Enterprise Innovation, BNY Mellon3rd Panelist - TBC
Sibos TV – Episode 4
Tune in to Sibos TV between 15:30 – 16:00 as talks of a digital euro heat-up. Juliette Foster speaks with Dr. Stefan Hoops, who heads the Corporate Bank at Deutsche Bank on Digital Currencies: A Threat or Opportunity for Banks.
- Juliette Foster, Journalist │Writer, Magnus Communications.
- Stefan Hoops, Head of Corporate Bank, Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank’s Star Scholar interviews her peer on: Banking on change
Harnessing the power of community to deploy AI @ Scale
- Penelope Crosman, Arizent
- Rafael Otero, Deutsche Bank
- Thomas Siebel, C3.AI
- Matthieu Vacaire, Société Générale
Unlocking the value of CSP attestation data for counterparty risk management
- Joanne Cash, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Leif Simon, Deutsche Bank
- Frank Versmessen, SWIFT
Meet the Experts: How banks can realise new FX payments revenues through innovative technology
In this Deutsche Bank workshop, three experts will discuss how innovative technologies such as APIs have been used by Deutsche Bank and its financial institution clients to streamline and automate cross-border payment workflows and uncover additional FX payment revenues.
- Yannick Marchal, Global Head of Autobahn Maestro Platform, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
- Jeff Smeeton, EMEA Head of Transactional FX, Deutsche Bank
- Moritz Strobel, Domain Lead for API Solutions, Cash Management, Deutsche Bank
SWIFT platform evolution: Enabling industry transformation
- Stephen Gilderdale, SWIFT
- Tanja Haase, SWIFT
- Craig Ramsey, ACI Worldwide
- Paula Roels, Deutsche Bank
- Joanne Strobel, Wells Fargo Bank
SWIFT Go – setting the standard for future cross border payments?
Much has been achieved towards enhancing the cross-border payments experience since the introduction of gpi. But the work is still evolving. SWIFT and the banking community continue to work closely together to further increase efficiencies, to enable frictionless cross-border payments and to meet evolving customer requirements. One such recently announced initiative is the introduction of SWIFT Go which, initially designed for low value cross border payments, builds on the foundational work of what has already been achieved with gpi.
Join us for a webinar in which our experts discuss how SWIFT Go is responding to customers’ expectations of principal pay solutions with end-to-end pricing transparency up-front.
- Bradley Lonnen, Head of Market Management, Institutional Cash Management, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
- Sebastian Rojas, Head of Product, Payment Solutions, SWIFT
- Marc Recker, Global Head of Product, Institutional Cash Management, Deutsche Bank
- Gayathri Vasudev, Head of Global Clearing Product, JP Morgan
Deutsche Bank’s Star Scholar interviews her peer on: Transformative technology
CSDR - The way forward
Central Securities Depositary Regulation (CSDR) has been a long journey for market participants and regulators alike. With the regulation under review by the European Commission and the Settlement Discipline Regime yet to be implemented, this session will outline what is needed to collectively sprint across the finish line and how Deutsche Bank Securities Services can help with client readiness.
- Emma Johnson, EMEA Head of Market Advocacy, Securities Services Product Management, Deutsche Bank
Trade Information Network Update
The session provides an overview on the rationale of six major trade banks that founded Trade Information Network, the benefits the different parties see in engagement via the platform, and how TIN operates. It will also focus on the way the Network unlocks additional financing opportunities along the entire supply chain.
- Sudhir Dole, CEO, Trade Information Network
- Kirsten Kunz, Global Head of Trade Flow Product Management, Deutsche Bank
- Markus Maurer, Senior Product Manager, Trade Finance, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
- Jens Noffke, Working Capital Lead, Global Procurement, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Deep Dive into Deutsche Bank’s “Guide to ISO 20022 Migration, Part 4”
Since the release in 2020 of our previous paper, “Guide to ISO 20022 migration: Part 3”, the implementation of ISO 20022 around the world has progressed significantly. The first migration has already become reality in the Philippines, while the vast majority of our industry is kept stretched with pre-migration activities for November 2022. The preparations in the correspondent banking space are not limited to just the ISO 20022 migration but also the introduction of SWIFT’s Transaction Manager.
With the publication of Deutsche Bank’s Guide to ISO Migration Part 4, our experts, together with SWIFT's Business Lead for SWIFT Platform, will provide an extensive deep dive on the subject. In particular, we will outline the latest industry developments, the complexity of dealing with multiple moving parts as well as the challenges of the coexistence phase.
- Christian Fraedrich, Head Cash Business Architecture, Deutsche Bank
- Simon Jones, High Value Payments Tribe Lead and global ISO20022 Program Director
- Stephen Lindsay, Business Lead, SWIFT Platform, SWIFT
- Paula Roels, Head SWIFT and Market Infrastructures, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
Instant ‘treasury as a service’: Can banks give corporates what they need?
- Eleanor Hill, Treasury Management International (TMI)
- Christof Hofmann, Deutsche Bank
- Anita Mehra, Microsoft
- Aurelia Normand, BNP Paribas
- Lori Schwartz, J.P. Morgan
- Sharon Wang, Alibaba.com
Deutsche Bank’s Star Scholar interviews her peer on: Digital acceleration
Mandated sustainability reporting: Beast, burden or the only way forward?
- Kamran Khan, Deutsche Bank
- Richard Lacaille, State Street Bank and Trust Company
- Sherry Madera, LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group)
- Martin Seimetz, Commerzbank AG
- Elree Winnett Seelig, Citigroup Global Markets Limited
SWIFT Hackathon 2021: Meet the winners
Removing friction in cross-border payments
- Fabien Depasse, SWIFT
- Thomas Halpin, HSBC Bank plc
- Yukiko Kanai, The Chugoku Bank Limited
- Vikram Paranjpe, Citibank N.A.
- Marc Recker, Deutsche Bank
- Isabel Schmidt, The Bank of New York Mellon
Spotlight on Digital acceleration: Delighting the digital customer
- Stefano Favale, Intesa Sanpaolo
- Andrea Melville, Lloyds Banking Group plc
- Kerstin Montiegel, Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank’s Star Scholar interviews her peer on: Managing risk