23 March 2023
Deutsche Bank wins IJ Global Corporate Trust awards around the world
Deutsche Bank’s comprehensive work in Trust and Agency Services (TAS) has once again been recognised at the IJGlobal Corporate Trust Awards
For the fourth consecutive year, Deutsche Bank has been recognised for its comprehensive suite of trust and agency services. The bank has won three regional IJGlobal awards: Europe & Africa, Asia Pacific, and North America. Due to the strength of these regional submissions, Deutsche Bank has also secured the publication’s global corporate trust provider of the year award for the second year in a row.
IJGlobal Awards 2022:
- Global Corporate Trust Provider of the Year
- Corporate Trust Provider of the Year for Europe & Africa
- Corporate Trust Provider of the Year for North America
- Corporate Trust Provider of the Year for Asia Pacific (APAC)
Jose Sicilia, Head of TAS, commented, “We are delighted to receive awards in every category for which we submitted, while retaining the coveted global award for the second consecutive year. We view these wins as testament to the expertise of our team, as well as the trust our clients place in us and our global offering.”
Navigating uncertainty, driving sustainability
Throughout 2022, the Deutsche Bank TAS team focused on providing clients the support they needed to navigate the uncertain macroeconomic landscape – as driven by rising rates, high inflation and supply chain risks.
Sustainability as well as energy transition are an important focus for the bank – and this is reflected in some of the highlight transactions in which the Corporate Trust team have been involved. For example, they played a supporting role in:
- A German acquisition that has created one of the largest development platforms for renewable energy in the U.S.
- The project financing for one of the largest U.S. battery storage projects to date.
- First international loan for liquified natural gas (LNG) imports, which is helping to diversify the company’s gas supply and meet Turkey’s energy needs
- A Courthouse P3 project – the first of its kind in Oregon
- Green bond supporting an India-focused renewable energy platform expansion
“We are well positioned to support clients with their transactions across the full range of trust and agency services, while, at the same time, continuing to drive innovation to offer bespoke solutions. This approach further cements our longstanding position as the industry’s partner of choice within the capital markets,” added Sicilia.