Full service account operator
Market infrastructure change, which fundamentally changes post-trade securities settlement processes could present significant benefits.
For example, by harmonizing the cross-border settlement landscape in Europe, Target2-Securities platform provides the ability to meet the demands of regulations such as Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) and Undertaking for Collective Investment Schemes V (UCITS V). Market participants should be engaging with the details; a move from theory to practice.
Account structures carry important questions about legal ownership, which can be more complex than they appear. Regulations like AIFMD and UCITS V are driving toward asset protection, and therefore segregation of assets with any delegate chosen by a global custodian.
The Deutsche Bank advantage
Our full service account operator includes all the benefits of a standard custody solution combined with a CSD Account in your name. This offers ultimate protection in the event of a potential default as assets are registered directly in your name.
The right level of asset protection can provide efficient recovery of assets in the case of default. Using account operator, you have control of your assets held at the CSD as well as being visible in the market.
Adopting Deutsche Bank’s account operator solution, our clients benefit from a range of significant advantages.
- Our market advocacy team has a reputation in the market for providing an influential and consistent message on behalf of our clients.
- We have representatives on key T2S committees including: CSD steering Group, Advisory Group, Harmonisation steering Group and DCP governance Group
- We recognise the extension of T2S functionality as an infrastructure, beyond the initial set of participating markets
- We have been at the heart of the T2S project since it began
- We provide full functionality in T2S from Wave 1 Go Live
- Senior level commitment to growth and opportunities in a post T2S environment
- We are Directly Connected Participants (DCP) to T2S in each major Eurozone market
- We have over 10 years of experience running account operator solutions
- We have a proven track record of experience in extensive harmonisation projects in the Eurozone, recently T2 and SEPA We are also advising governments and financial institutions on the ASEAN stock connect project in Asia
- We provide dedicated solutions for over 6,000 clients
- Securities settlement services (third party)
- Assets held in your name at CSD
- Single booking location with single view of inventory
- Regulatory reporting in local market
- Full T2S functionality
- Securities income processing, Corporate action, proxy voting, tax services
- Trade cycle management
- Asset servicing including proxy voting
- Local lending
- Direct market access (CSD/clearing house)
- Cash settlement bank
- Trade matching
- Securities clearing
- Position management & securities valuation
- Document management
- Cash account services
- Payment processing services
- Payment clearing
- Fails coverage (where applicable)
In the face of declining fee levels and increasing regulatory and market requirements for asset protection and market stability, the securities post-trade industry seeks a sustainable future. Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) may provide part of the answer by realigning the roles of its participantsDLT and digital asset’s path to smart custody More